If you would like your code or research group listed here, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your information. Posting a link to commercial software requires a corporate membership to iDICs.
Commercial DIC software
Follow the links below to commercial DIC software vendors for more information
Research DIC codes
Non-commercial or open source DIC software
DIC-related research groups
- Bruck Research Group, University of Maryland
New techniques for rapid manufacturing and characterization of functionally graded, multifunctional, biologically-inspired, and nanocomposite materials
- Fonseca Research Group, University of Manchester
Metal deformation, deformation at the microstructural scale, annealing of metals (including recrystallisation), and microstructure evolution
- HILD Research Group, LMT Cachan
Long-term reliability of heterogeneous materials and structures, damage and failure under monotonic, cyclic and dynamic loading conditions, multi-scale measurement, identification and validation techniques of damage and failure models
- MEM2P Research Group, KU Leuven
Digital image correlation, full-field measurements, and material identification via inverse methodologies
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
Dynamic fracture, crack initiation and growth, and energetic materials
- Lu Research Group, University of Texas at Dallas
Experimental mechanics, nanomechanics, mechanics of time-dependent materials, mechanical behavior of nanomaterials, dynamic behavior of materials, fracture mechanics
- NASA Langley
MicroDIC work in electron and optical microscopes
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
3D-DIC for high-strain-rate and quasi-static deformation during sheet metal forming, tube burst, mechanical testing.
- Périé/Passieux Research group, Institut Clément Ader (France)
Development of 2D-DIC, stereo-DIC and V-DIC for full-field measurements.
Identification of behavior laws from full-field measurements.
- Pierron Research Group, University of South Hampton
Mechanics of deformable solids and full-field deformation measurement
An open raw database for experimental mechanics in which DIC is heavily used
- Sandia National Laboratories
Large-scale DIC experiments, volumetric DIC, material identification and uncertainty quantification
- Sangid Research Group (ACME Lab), Purdue University
Coupling microstructure sensitive modeling with in-situ experiments (at the same length scale) to understand and mitigate failure of structural materials.
- Withers Research Group, University of Manchester
Nanotomography, ancient life and palaeontology